We all go through that at some point or another.
Here’s how I approach situations in which I’m not happy with (most of the time.)
- I tell myself to stop complaining right away.
- I give myself a dose of perspective. Not getting this thing isn’t going to be the end of my world (unless of course, it’s food, water, or shelter, which I’m sure in 99.9% of cases, is not.)
- Figure out exactly what is that is making me unhappy by asking the question “why” until I get to the core of the issue.
- Start devising a game plan for how I can change this using my actions, never relying on external circumstances to change in order for this issue to resolve itself. Issues don’t resolve themselves. We make change, and there is an outcome based on that change, which hopefully is a positive outcome.
- Bam, I’m happy because I used my own willpower to make positive change rather than getting myself down about not getting what I want.
These is simply my process; it may or may not work for you.