Tis the season! Christmastime is always best with family and friends, so, naturally, I booked a ticket to Idaho for the holidays, but wanted to get a little more creative with the journey rather than booking a direct flight. I was able to book my ticket across the pond for less money thanks to adding some pitstops, thanks to some serious research and sleuthing.
To travel direct or take a few pit stops…
- One way ticket from Madrid to Boise: $800-$900
- One way ticket with additional stops: $500
So, here is the new itinerary:
- Dec 6-10, Madrid to Barcelona: $65 (vueling.com)
- Dec 10-13, Barcelona to Iceland: $115 (wowair.com)
- Dec 13-18, Iceland to New York: $130 (kiwi.wowair.com)
- Dec 18, NY to Boise: $180 (Americanairlines.com)
Of course, I am spending money on hotels/food during this period of travel for nearly two weeks, but it’s better than paying $900 just for a flight without getting the additional experiences in between.
So, I just wrapped up the first part of the trip in Barcelona today. Read about that here. Currently sitting on the airplane on my way to Iceland, which apparently gets 3 hours of sunlight per day during this month. Downside? It’s cold and dark. Upside? More chances to see the northern lights. I’ll report back.